This temporary visa is for self-funded retirees who have no dependents and want to live in Australia during their retirement years.
- be 55 years or older
- have no dependents (other than a partner)
- have an income of AUD 65 000 per year (or AUD 50 000 if you wish to live in a regional area)
- have a designated investment of AUD 750 000 in Australia (or AUD 500 000 if you wish to live in a regional area).
- You must meet health, character, public interest and special return criteria.
This is a 4-year temporary visa . It allows you to:
- work in Australia for up to 40 hours per fortnight
- travel to and remain in Australia for four years from the date the visa is granted – after that time you will need another visa
- have your partner (who has also been granted this visa) accompany you to Australia.
This is the only retirement visa. If you are not eligible for this visa, you might be eligible for a Parent visa.