Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 is for international students who have recently completed 2 years of study in Australia. It lets you stay in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.
- Be under 50 years of age
- hold an eligible visa at time of application
- Have at least Competent English
- you must meet 2 year study requirement and have completed qualifications within six months of applying for the visa.
- you must meet health and character requirements.
- you must have health insurance in Australia
- you must meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa:
- Graduate Work stream (18 month visa)
- Post-Study Work stream (2 and 4 years visa)
Graduate Work stream
- this visa last for 18 months
- your nominated occupation is on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
- evidence that you had applied for a skills assessment for your nominated skilled occupation by a relevant assessing authority
- your skills have been assessed by a relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation
Post-Study Work stream
- this visa last between 2 and 4 years. Students need to complete studies at the Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate level that take at least 2 academic years.
- Visa duration depends on your completed studies:
- PhD: 4 years
- Masters by Research: 3 years
- Masters by Coursework or Bachelor Degree: 2 years
- You can only qualify for a Post Study Work Visa if you have applied for and been granted your first student visa on or after 5 November 2011.
- There is NO occupations list for the Post Study Work Visa
- Skills assessment is NOT required for this stream