The Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa (SC 189 visa) is a permanent visa which does not require sponsorship by a an eligible relative or Australian State or Territory government.
The SC 189 visa is a 3-staged rather than a direct application process:
- Submit– First, you must lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect.
- Wait – SkillSelect will allocate a points score and rank you against other applicants in the SkillSelect pool.
- Apply– If you are ranked high enough and there are places available for your nominated occupation, you will be invited to apply for the visa.
Once you receive an invitation to apply for a skilled visa, you have 60 calendar days to submit an application for the visa.
- Lodged an EOI and received an invitation to apply
- have an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- have a positive skills assessment for that occupation
- Meet the pass mark in the Skilled Migration Point Test – 65 points
- Be under 45 years old
- Have at least Competent English or higher
- Meet health and character requirements
This option does not require sponsorship by a relative or State/Territory Government.
Why choose Perdaman Global Services?
Perdaman Global Services has a team of experienced registered migration agents that can help you with:
- Assessed your points score and provide advice to obtain the maximum points
- Prepare and submit your skills assessment application
- Prepare and submit your EOI and visa application
- Make sure the whole visa process goes smooth and stress free for you