This visa is for some older people to stay permanently in Australia if they rely on an eligible relative in Australia to provide financial support.
- be dependent on the relative in Australia
- be single
- be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension
- have someone who will provide an assurance of support.
Sponsorship by a Relative in Australia
The following relatives are eligible to sponsor for the Aged Dependent Relative Visa:
- Brothers and Sisters
- Aunts & uncles
- Nieces & nephews
- Grandchildren or grandparents.
This includes half and step-relatives and relatives that have been adopted.
In order to sponsor for an Aged Dependent Relative visa, the sponsor must :
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or an eligible New Zealand Citizen
- over 18
- having lived in Australia for at least the last 2 years