This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to do short-term, highly specialised work or participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.
- be invited, or supported, by the organisation you will be working for
- have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be found in Australia
- have access to sufficient funds to support yourself in Australia
- have personal attributes consistent with the proposed activity
- genuinely intend to stay temporarily in Australia for the intended purpose
- meet health and character requirements
Generally the visa lasts up to three months but can be extended to up to six months in limited circumstances.