Skilled Regional Subclass 887 visa is a permanent visa for people who have lived and worked in specified areas of regional Australia and are holders of:
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subclass 489
- Skilled Regional Sponsored Subclasses 475 and 487
- Skilled Designated Area Sponsored Subclass 496
- Skilled Independent Regional Subclass 495
This visa does not require sponsorship by an eligible relative or nomination by a state or territory government.
The main criteria for this visa are:
- Residence in a Regional Area – You have been in Australia holding the above visa for the last 2 years. You must have also lived During this time, you must have lived in a regional or low population growth area of Australia (if sponsored by a State or Territory Government) or a Designated Area if sponsored by an Australian relative.
- Work Experience- You have worked for at least 12 months in regional Australia. This work experiences need not be in your nominated occupation, but must be full time (at least 35 hours per week) in a regional area.