Business & Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) announced changes to Queensland Skilled Occupation List (QSOL) effective 8 October 2015 for applicants not currently working in Queensland, to ensure occupations remain available for nomination, which reflects the needs of Queensland’s industry. This helps to ensure migrants have a stronger likelihood of securing employment in Queensland.
The amendments effective 8 October 2015
- Amendments to occupations available for Queensland nomination
- A new stream is available under the subclass 190 visa for migrants who are already working in Queensland under another visa subclass.
Australia Skilled – State Nominated (subclass 190) Visa grants permanent residence in Australia which will allow the applicant and eligible family members:
- Travel in and out of Australia and the right to stay indefinitely.
- Work and study rights in Australia.
- Opportunity to enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- Apply for Australian citizenship once you become eligible.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
Queensland has an average of 8 hours of sunshine every day and the fastest growing economy in Australia. If you are looking for business and career opportunities as well as a great outdoor lifestyle, make Queensland your destination.