Effective 1 July 2015, changes to residency requirements for Significant Investor Visa (SIV) applicants will take place where eligibility for permanent SIV will require the following conditions to be met:
- Primary applicant to reside in Australia for 40 days per year OR the secondary applicant (spouse) to reside in Australia for 180 days per year,
- No residency requirement for all secondary applicants,
- Residency requirement will be per year and calculated cumulatively over the four year period:
- 160 days over four years for primary applicant or;
- 720 days over four years for secondary applicant (spouse).
SIV statistics as of 31 December 2014, recorded a total number of 595 primary visas granted with 2001 Expressions of Interest (EOI) submitted through SkillSelect and a total of AUD $2.975 billion invested in Complying Investments. More info, http://www.immi.gov.au/pub-res/Pages/statistics/significant-investor-visa-statistics.aspx