A Business Visitor visa allows you to remain in Australia for up to 3 months at a time to conduct business activities. The business visitor visa cannot be extended whilst in Australia.
This visa has no work rights and you can only undertake the following types of business visitor activities:
- making general business or employment enquiries
- investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
- participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
The visa also allows recreational activities such as tourism and non-formal studies for up to 3 months.
There are 3 type of visas that you can apply for online to visit Australia for business visitor activities:
- Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
- eVisitor (subclass 651)
- Visitor visa (subclass 600)